Every year, for the past four years, I always resolve to get published. And this always proves to be more difficult than I anticipate.
For example, last year, I wrote next to nothing. It’s very difficult to publish something when you don’t have anything. That’s a ProTip right there.
So, at the very least, I’m starting off this year well, with a couple of stories already waiting in the wings. They just need to be heavily polished and then I can send them out into the world to fend for themselves. I, eventually, want to have enough good short fiction to publish a collection. That’s the Big Goal right now. Everyone, I think, should have a Big Goal to work toward. It’s not the Ultimate Goal (make a living off my writing) or even The Great Goal (publish a novel), but a smaller, definitely obtainable goal.
Lord knows I’ve written enough stories to fill a collection, but 90% of them are crap. The remaining 10% are not worth paying money for. I need to step up my game which means more writing this year. Much, much more writing this year.
WordPress says I wrote only 99 entries in 2010. I aim to double that this year. There’s going to be a lot more Dylan Charles on the internet.